Washington DC is home to several prestigious universities that offer excellent computer science programs. Here are the top 5 famous universities for computer science in Washington DC:
- Georgetown University: Georgetown University is renowned for its diverse computer science faculty and strong research focus. The university offers a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and a Master of Science in Computer Science program, allowing students to gain a comprehensive understanding of computer science principles and applications.
- George Washington University: George Washington University’s computer science program emphasizes both theory and practical application. Students have the opportunity to specialize in various areas, such as artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and data science. The university offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in computer science.
- American University: American University offers a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program that focuses on critical thinking, problem-solving, and interdisciplinary collaboration. The program equips students with a strong foundation in computer science principles and allows them to specialize in areas like software engineering, cybersecurity, and data analytics.
- Howard University: Howard University’s computer science program aims to provide students with a broad understanding of computer science concepts and their applications. The university offers a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree program that prepares students for careers in various industries, including technology, finance, healthcare, and government.
- Catholic University of America: The Catholic University of America offers a comprehensive computer science program that covers various areas, such as computer architecture, algorithms, software engineering, and database management. The university’s computer science courses are designed to provide students with a strong theoretical and practical foundation in computer science.
These universities in Washington DC provide excellent opportunities for students interested in pursuing a degree in computer science. Whether students are interested in research, software development, or data analytics, these institutions offer a range of programs and specializations to cater to their interests and career goals.
The 5 Most Successful Alumni
Washington DC, the capital of the United States, is home to many renowned computer science experts. These experts have made significant contributions to the field and have gained recognition for their groundbreaking work. Here are five of the most famous computer science experts from Washington DC:
Jeannette Wing is a computer scientist and currently serves as the Avanessians Director of the Data Science Institute and Professor of Computer Science at Columbia University. She has made significant contributions to the field of software engineering, formal methods, and cybersecurity. Wing has received numerous awards for her work, including the Anita Borg Institute Women of Vision Award in 2011.
Adrian J. Bowles
Adrian J. Bowles is a technology analyst, author, and internationally recognized expert in digital transformation strategies. He is the founder of STORM Insights, Inc., a research and advisory firm focused on disruptive technologies. Bowles is known for his expertise in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics. He has published several books and is a regular speaker at industry conferences.
Dana Blumenthal is the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at the Center for Advanced Aviation System Development at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). She is known for her research in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and has made significant contributions to the design and evaluation of user interfaces for complex systems. Blumenthal has also served as a consultant for various government agencies and organizations.
Li-Shiuan Peh is a computer scientist and currently serves as a Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). She is known for her groundbreaking work in computer architecture and network-on-chip design. Peh has received several prestigious awards for her contributions to the field, including the ACM Maurice Wilkes Award and the Intel Early Career Faculty Honor Program.
Tracy L. Westeyn
Tracy L. Westeyn is a computer scientist and currently serves as the Vice President of Engineering at Microsoft. She has over 20 years of experience in the technology industry and is known for her expertise in cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. Westeyn has held various leadership roles at Microsoft and has been involved in advancing the company’s engineering capabilities.
The Best Universities in Washington DC
Average Tuition Fees at the Top Computer Science Universities in Washington DC
The average tuition fee for a computer science degree in Washington DC is approximately $40,000 per year. However, it is important to note that this amount can vary depending on several factors such as whether the university is public or private, whether the student is in-state or out-of-state, and whether the student is attending a community college or a four-year institution.
Here is a breakdown of the average tuition fees for computer science degree programs in Washington DC:
- Community Colleges: The tuition fees for computer science programs at community colleges in Washington DC range from $3,000 to $8,000 per year for in-state students and $8,000 to $15,000 per year for out-of-state students.
- Public Universities: The tuition fees for computer science programs at public universities in Washington DC range from $10,000 to $25,000 per year for in-state students and $25,000 to $40,000 per year for out-of-state students.
- Private Universities: The tuition fees for computer science programs at private universities in Washington DC range from $30,000 to $50,000 per year.
It is important for prospective students to research and compare the tuition fees of different universities in Washington DC to find the program that best fits their budget and academic goals.
Thus concludes our explanation of University. We hope this information is helpful and provides you with new insights after reading this article featured by Depkes Team .
- The Top 7 Universities for Computer Science in Washington DC
Washington DC is home to several prestigious universities that offer excellent computer science programs. These universities are known for their strong faculty, cutting-edge research, and state-of-the-art facilities. Here are the top 5 famous universities for computer science in Washington DC: These universities provide excellent opportunities for students interested in pursuing a career in computer science. […]
- List of The Best Foster Care Services in Washington DC
Below, you will find a comprehensive compilation of well-known Foster Care in Washington DC. This information has been sourced from Google Maps and meticulously organized based on the number of reviews they have received. TOP 20 Foster Care Locations in Washington DC DC Child and Family Services Agency The National Center For Children and Families […]
- How to Become a Foster Parent in Washington DC
Becoming a foster parent in Washington DC can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience. It requires meeting certain qualifications, completing training and assessment, and complying with certain regulations. Here are the steps to becoming a foster parent in Washington DC: Becoming a foster parent in Washington DC can take several months, and the process may […]
- Exploring the Top 7 Most Common Plants in Washington DC
Washington DC is the capital city of the United States and is known for its breathtaking architecture, historical landmarks, and beautiful parks. The city is home to a vast variety of plants, ranging from colorful annuals to towering trees. However, some plants are more popular than others. Here are some of the most popular plants […]