Trucks come in a variety of sizes and dimensions depending on their intended purpose. Heavy-duty trucks used for hauling cargo or construction materials are much larger than pickup trucks used for personal use. The following are some common truck dimensions:
- Small pickup trucks: Typically have a wheelbase of 111 to 123 inches and an overall length of 190 to 229 inches.
- Full-size pickup trucks: Have a wheelbase of 122 to 153 inches and an overall length of 209 to 249 inches.
- Semi-trucks: Have a wheelbase of 244 inches or more and an overall length of 70 to 80 feet or more.
- Dump trucks: Have a wheelbase of 180 to 220 inches and an overall length of 23 to 30 feet.
- Garbage trucks: Have a wheelbase of 143 to 195 inches and an overall length of 23 to 28 feet.
- Tow trucks: Have a wheelbase of 152 to 176 inches and an overall length of 21 to 24 feet.
It’s important to note that these dimensions can vary depending on the make and model of the truck and any modifications that have been made to it. Additionally, trucks are subject to weight restrictions and size limitations on certain roads and bridges.
Truck Dimensions & Sizes
|Pickup Truck||Regular Cab: 6.5ft and 8ft beds
Extended Cab: 6.5ft and 8ft beds
Crew Cab: 5.5ft, 6.5ft and 8ft beds
|Semi-trailer Truck||53ft||Length: 65-75ft
|Dump Truck||Single Axle: 10-18ft
Tandem Axle: 15-25ft
Tri Axle: 25-30ft
Quad Axle: 30-38ft
|Tow Truck||N/A||Length: 20-30ft
Guide to Truck: References and Resources
If you want to learn more about truck dimensions, you can refer to the following sources:
- Truck manufacturer’s websites: Most truck manufacturers provide detailed information about the dimensions of their trucks on their websites. You can check out the specifications section of their websites to learn more.
- Technical manuals: Some manufacturers also provide technical manuals for their trucks. These manuals provide in-depth information about the dimensions, weight, and other specifications of the trucks.
- Online forums: There are several online forums dedicated to truck enthusiasts. You can join these forums to learn more about truck dimensions and other related topics.
- Industry magazines: There are several magazines and publications that cover the trucking industry. These publications often provide detailed information about the latest trucks and their dimensions.
By referring to these sources, you can gain a better understanding of truck dimensions and how they can impact your business.
If you’d like to delve deeper into the topic of Dimensions, we encourage you to utilize our search feature in KOBI International or visit the official websites and references for accessing relevant materials.