Having too many subscriptions on Youtube makes it harder to find your favorite videos. Not to mention the number of unwanted notifications you have to deal with. What can you do about it? Unsubscribe, of course. Don’t know how to unsubscribe on Youtube? No problem. We can help you with that.
Our guide below will tell you how to unsubscribe on Youtube fast on any platform. So, regardless of whether you’re using a computer, laptop, Android, or iPhone, you can still follow the instructions. Ready to clean your subscriptions? Let’s start.
How to Unsubscribe on Youtube
Unsubscribing from Youtube channels is as easy as subscribing to them. You can do this using a desktop web browser, a mobile web browser, or the Youtube app.
Here’s how to unsubscribe on Youtube on any platform:
- If you’re using the website, open a desktop or mobile web browser and navigate to https://www.youtube.com/ and sign in with your Google or Youtube account. If you’re using the app, open the iOS or Android app on your device and sign in with your Google or Youtube account.
- Select Subscriptions. If you’re using a web browser, it’s on the left pane. If you’re using the app, it’s in the lower-right corner.
- Select the channel name that you want to unsubscribe from. After that, from the top menu, select the HOME tab.
- Select the Subscribed button or link.
- On the Unsubscribe box that appears, select UNSUBSCRIBE to confirm that you want to unsubscribe from the channel.
- If you successfully unsubscribed from the channel, the label will turn into a red SUBSCRIBE button if you’re using a desktop web. If you’re using the mobile site or app, the label will turn into red SUBSCRIBE text.
And there you have it. Easy, isn’t it?
Some Useful Tips
Now you know how to unsubscribe on Youtube. Here are some useful tips to help you further.
- If you’re watching a video from the channel you want to unsubscribe from, select the UNSUBSCRIBE button below the video.
- You can subscribe to a Youtube channel that you’ve unsubscribed from any time you want.
- You can either select the channel name from the channel list or recent videos from your subscriptions. If you choose the former, you won’t see the HOME tab. To see it, just select VIEW CHANNEL and the HOME tab will appear.
- You can also head to the HOME of the channel you want to unsubscribe from by searching for the channel manually. To do so, use the search field, enter the channel name, and select the search icon.
- If you don’t want another Youtube channel commenting on your videos, you can block the channel.
- Once you’ve unsubscribed from a channel, you won’t be able to look up the recently unsubscribed channels. You can see recently watched or searched videos on Youtube History, but it will not show subscriptions or unsubscriptions.
And that’s how to unsubscribe on Youtube. Our guide above is fast and works on any platform. You can try it right away. After you’ve cleaned up your subscriptions, finding your favorite videos will be a lot easier. Plus, there will be fewer unwanted notifications to deal with, too.